Candlestone Golf Resort embraces the natural beauty and serenity of the surrounding environment overlooking over 170 acres of neatly manicured 18-hole Championship golf course nestled in Belding, Michigan. Our facility comes complete with a full service hotel and restaurant and several wedding ceremony and banquet location on premise. Our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever evolving… yet stable, rewarding, and enduring. It is a high performance culture where initiative and results are recognized and rewarded.
The ideal candidate is a motivated and dedicated self-starter with a teamwork approach and a natural drive towards customer service, have a friendly smile and the ability to maintain a positive attitude, seeking an opportunity to expand their knowledge and gain experience in a fast-paced multi-faceted hospitality environment.
Under the supervision of the Chef, Sous Chef & General Manager, line cooks are expected to provide efficient, clean, and customer driven service. We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals. Line cooks must have a clear understanding of the club’s menus and be able to execute and present all menu items with 100% consistency. They are committed to keeping the back of the house and food storage/service areas clean and providing the highest level of service throughout every shift with a positive attitude. Line cooks must always be moving with a sense of urgency and anticipate the needs of patrons and staff. Members of the Candlestone Resort service team must hold themselves to the highest standards of personal behavior and adhere to the dining steps of service that are set forth during orientation and training. They are expected to lead by example through their actions and more importantly their behaviors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
Candidates should have professional kitchen experience, including working a hot line and grill.
- Experience in full service restaurant is desired
- Understanding of cooking methods, ingredients and equipment
- Solid references
- Flexible schedule
- Task-driven individual
Ability to communicate effectively with teammates, both written and verbally, and ability to carry on polite conversation with guests is a MUST. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older..
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of cooking procedures and temperatures
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and safety rules for kitchen equipment
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day
- High level of professionalism
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
- Ability to lift 60 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work unsupervised
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES •
- Cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance standards set by the Chef
- Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food on the line
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the restaurant
- Food preparation and portioning prior to service
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to restaurants standardized recipes.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes. Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Abide by all policies, procedures and standards as laid out in Candlestone Resort Handbook. It is the responsibility of each employee to carry themselves with respect to other employees, members and to themselves.
- Line cooks should arrive to work well groomed and with a positive attitude. In other words, carry themselves as true professionals. Every line cook is required to maintain a clean and respectable appearance, adhering to our dress-code.
- Adhere to company safety and sanitation policies and promote cleanliness in the workplace.
- Maintain daily records and reports
- Remain courteous with patrons at all times
- Work as a team player with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to do repetitive work
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Must be able to access all small wares or product at varying heights of storage
- Required to operate equipment set at standard height
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and/or sit…up to and sometimes more than eight hours per day.
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools and/or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Hearing and talking sufficient enough to communicate with members, guests, vendors and staff.
- Independent mobility through the resort
There are full time, long-term positions available. This is a part time hourly, non-exempt position
Positions will be part-time/full-time and will include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends and holidays, requiring the ability to work a flexible schedule.
The hours will be scheduled by the Chef & General Manager