The resort embraces the natural beauty and serenity of the surrounding environment overlooking over 170 acres of neatly manicured 18-hole Championship golf course nestled in Belding, Michigan. Our facility comes complete with a full service hotel and restaurant and several wedding ceremony and banquet location on premise. Our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever evolving… yet stable, rewarding, and enduring. It is a high performance culture where initiative and results are recognized and rewarded.
The ideal candidate is a motivated and dedicated self-starter with a teamwork approach and a natural drive towards customer service, have a friendly smile and the ability to maintain a positive attitude, seeking an opportunity to expand their knowledge and gain experience in a fast-paced multi-faceted hospitality environment.
Under the supervision of the Chef, Sous Chef & Cooks, prep/utility cooks are expected to provide efficient, clean, and customer driven service. We are looking for a professional utility prep cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and maintain cleanliness of the kitchen. Kitchen Utility Prep Cook assists with prepping ingredients, helps to set up workstations; ensuring they are well organized, clean and sanitary. Assists in maintaining the sanitation of the Kitchen; washing, sanitizing and organizing pots, pans, dishes, and other kitchenware, handles trash and recycling as needed.
Members of the Candlestone Resort service team must hold themselves to the highest standards of personal behavior and adhere to the dining steps of service that are set forth during orientation and training. They are expected to lead by example through their actions and more importantly their behaviors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
Candidates should have professional kitchen experience
- Experience in full service restaurant is desired
- Understanding of cooking methods, ingredients and equipment
- Solid references
- Flexible schedule
- Task-driven individual
Ability to communicate effectively with teammates, both written and verbally, and ability to carry on polite conversation with guests is a MUST. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older..
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School diploma or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience performing similar duties in a commercial kitchen.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of English language with ability to read, write, speak appropriately, follow directions, and effectively communicate with others.
- Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Appearance representative of a kitchen professional with regard to grooming, personal hygiene, and attire.
- Physically, requires constant standing/walking for up to 8 hours; frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of 30 lbs.; considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as with lifting, carrying, balancing, standing, walking, and stooping; considerable use of hands in order to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and safety rules for kitchen equipment
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- High level of professionalism
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES •
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware in accordance with standards.
- Prepare a variety of foods as instructed by the Chef and adhere to proper food handling procedures.
- Assist with banquet prep and plate up
- Follow safety procedures and maintain a safe and sanitary work environment that conforms to all standards and regulations.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage according to standards.
- Portion and wrap food, or place it directly on plates for service to customers.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Maintain dishwashing station, sinks, and related areas.
- Perform other light maintenance and custodial tasks.
- Maintain excellent customer service and positive relationships with customers, employees, and vendors.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Abide by all policies, procedures and standards as laid out in Candlestone Resort Handbook. It is the responsibility of each employee to carry themselves with respect to other employees, members and to themselves.
- Utility cooks should arrive to work well groomed and with a positive attitude. In other words, carry themselves as true professionals. Every line cook is required to maintain a clean and respectable appearance, adhering to our dress-code.
- Maintain daily records and reports
- Remain courteous with patrons at all times
- Work as a team player with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds
- Able to do repetitive work
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to access all small wares or product at varying heights of storage
- Required to operate equipment set at standard height
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and/or sit…up to and sometimes more than eight hours per day.
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools and/or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Hearing and talking sufficient enough to communicate with members, guests, vendors and staff.
- Independent mobility through the resort
There are part time, long-term positions available. This is a part time hourly, non-exempt position
HOURS Positions will be part-time and will include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends and holidays, requiring the ability to work a flexible schedule. The hours will be scheduled by the Chef & General Manager