The resort embraces the natural beauty and serenity of the surrounding environment overlooking over 170 acres of neatly manicured 18-hole Championship golf course nestled in Belding, Michigan. Our facility comes complete with a full service hotel and restaurant and several wedding ceremony and banquet location on premise. Our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever evolving… yet stable, rewarding, and enduring. It is a high performance culture where initiative and results are recognized and rewarded.
The ideal candidate is a motivated and dedicated self-starter with a teamwork approach and a natural drive towards customer service, have a friendly smile and the ability to maintain a positive attitude, seeking an opportunity to expand their knowledge and gain experience in a fast-paced multi-faceted hospitality environment.
Under the supervision of the Restaurant Manager, Director of Events & General Manager, Bartender/servers are expected to provide efficient, clean, and member driven service. Bartender/servers must have a clear understanding of the club’s menus and be able to describe and sell food, wine and cocktails to the club’s members and their guests. They are committed to keeping the public club areas clean and providing the highest level of service throughout every shift with a positive attitude. Bartender/servers must always be moving with a sense of urgency and anticipate the needs of patrons and staff. Members of the Candlestone Resort service team must hold themselves to the highest standards of personal behavior and adhere to the dining steps of service that are set forth during orientation and training. They are expected to lead by example through their actions and more importantly their behaviors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
Ability to communicate effectively with teammates, both written and verbally, and ability to carry on polite conversation with guests is a MUST. Experience using a food and beverage POS system is a plus. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older to handle beverages TIPS or TAMS certification is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES • Demonstrated skills in the proper handling of money • Working knowledge of basic computer programs • Ability to work unsupervised • Knowledge of basic drink recipes
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES •
- Promptly greeting guests and getting them seated
- Learning the menu and accurately taking orders, prepare and deliver beverages and appetizers in a timely fashion, deliver entrees immediately.
- Provide quality check-backs with all guests while checking your section for newly seated tables, busing, cleaning and setting tables.
- Rolling silverware, prepping server station and bar, stocking product, and maintaining a clean and presentable area.
- Servers/bartenders are required to process transactions and complete shift paperwork properly, balancing drawers.
- Complete side work and fulfill prep work required for a variety of Resort events
- Abide by all policies, procedures and standards as laid out in Candlestone Resort Handbook. It is the responsibility of each employee to carry themselves with respect to other employees, members and to themselves.
- Bartender/servers should arrive to work well groomed and with a positive attitude. In other words, carry themselves as true professionals. Every server/bartender is required to maintain a clean and respectable appearance, adhering to our dress-code.
- Adhere to company safety and sanitation policies and promote cleanliness in the workplace.
- Maintain daily records and reports
- Remain courteous with patrons at all times
- Work as a team player with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and/or sit…up to and sometimes more than eight hours per day.
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools and/or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Hearing and talking sufficient enough to communicate with members, guests, vendors and staff.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, vision sufficient enough to read, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Independent mobility through the resort
- Successful function of this position requires employee to lift 50 lbs without struggle and be physically capable to work on their feet for long hours at a stretch.
COGNITIVE CONSIDERATIONS Must have the ability to read, write and organize material. Math skills necessary to process sales transactions. Must be able to relate to others in a professional manner.
There are part time and full time positions available, as well as seasonal and long-term positions. This is a seasonal- part time hourly, non-exempt position
Positions will be part-time/full-time and will include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends and holidays, requiring the ability to work a flexible schedule.
The hours will be scheduled by the Restaurant Manager, Director of Events & General Manager