The resort embraces the natural beauty and serenity of the surrounding environment overlooking over 170 acres of neatly manicured 18-hole Championship golf course nestled in Belding, Michigan. Our facility comes complete with a full service hotel and restaurant and several wedding ceremony and banquet location on premise. Our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever evolving… yet stable, rewarding, and enduring. It is a high performance culture where initiative and results are recognized and rewarded.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated self-starter with a natural drive towards customer service, seeking an opportunity to expand their knowledge and gain experience in a multi-faceted hospitality environment. This position requires a highly self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and interact with patrons at a high-level.
The Maintenance Director works closely with the General Manager and Departmental Managers to Maintain buildings and property at Candlestone Resort. Very independent position. The purpose of the Maintenance Technician II is to maintain the cosmetic appearance and the mechanical function of all the buildings and grounds in both the interior and exterior of the property.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
High School Diploma and/or Trade School Certification (preferred)
1-2 years technical training or equivalent maintenance technician experience Hospitality experience is a plus. Must possess and utilize own tools. Ability to deal with the public and formulate solutions to maintenance problems.This individual must familiarize themselves with Candlestone Golf Resort Operating Procedures in addition to OSHA standards, and Country and state building and operating codes. In addition this position requires basic knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Mechanical equipment and Appliance repair fields (carpentry, painting, flooring, general building Maintenance.
This individual must also display the flexibility to deal with ever-changing situations as it pertains to guest, owners, associates and work load. Must have excellent inter-personal skills when dealing with guests, associates, and general public. Must be able to learn and adapt to a fast-paced environment. Must have follow through process on short-term and long-term projects. Must be a self starter and able to work independently and possess a team player attitude and be able to take direction from the Owner and General Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES • Work inside and outside for long periods of time and in all kinds of weather, performing tasks that require physical strength and endurance • Understand and follow instructions and specifications • Adjust to doing the same kind of work all day long or performing a variety of different tasks on the same, depending on daily business needs • Work skillfully with your hands to do a variety of tasks. Able to use arithmetic to measure, compute amount of materials to use, and to inspect product to be sure it conforms to requirements. Ability to understand and communicate written instructions. Ability to work unsupervised
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to maintain proper working relations within the department and with other operating departments on property.
- Monitor the physical condition of the units and the resort and correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate records for work orders/preventive maintenance, safety, repair/replace of major equipment, inventory of parts and supplies.
- Diagnose and perform maintenance/repairs on A/C and heating, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, painting, water and sewer lines, stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings, gutters, ceiling fans, appliances, pool, amenities, landscaping, install locks and safety devices and other typical resort repairs.
- Ability to address the concerns and maintenance needs of the guests and associates in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ensure that all modes of property transportation are operating properly.
- Complete work orders, preventive maintenance and daily projects reported by engineering management, front desk, or otherwise assigned during the shift.
- Daily logs must be filed in log book and work orders must be placed on proper hook.
- Ensure the satisfaction of all guests by providing quick and satisfactory service to owners and guests.
- Carry out all requests from management necessary to provide 100% customer satisfaction within the associate’s ability.
- Abide by all company and engineering policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety procedures when performing duties.
- Responsible for identification and/or repair of any safety hazards.
- Responsible for learning and meeting all necessary engineering requirements for future growth in the department.
- Must have schedule flexibility to accommodate a 7-day work week, and be willing to be on 24-hour call as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Varies from Medium Work to Very Heavy Work:
Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
Environmental Conditions: Both: Inside and outside. A job is considered “both” if the activities occur inside or outside in approximately equal amounts. Wet and Humid: Wet: Contact with water or other liquids. Humid: Atmospheric condition with moisture content sufficiently high to cause marked bodily discomfort. Exposure to: Odors, toxic conditions, dust, or poor ventilation.
COGNITIVE CONSIDERATIONS Must have the ability to read, write and organize material. Must be able to relate to others in a professional manner.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position
Applicant must be able to work a flexible schedule, holidays, and weekends.
The hours will be scheduled by the General Manager. When applying, please specify what position you are applying for.